Providing accurate and on-time identifications of freshwater benthic macroinvertebrates since 1986 with 38 years of taxonomic work.
North American Benthological Society Certified Taxonomist
Freshwater Benthic Services, Inc. offers taxonomic identification of benthic macroinvertabrates from streams, rivers, ponds, lakes, and wetlands for aquatic monitoring and Rapid Bioassessment Protocol projects. Major groups for which taxonomic services are offered include:
- Annelida: Oligochaeta; Naididae (Naidinae and Tubificinae) (worms), Hirudinea (leeches)
- Malacostraca: Isopoda, Amphipoda, Decapoda (crayfish)
- Hydracarina: (water mites)
- Insecta: Ephemeroptera (mayflies), Plecoptera (stoneflies), Odonata (dragonflies), Hemiptera (true bugs), Megaloptera, Trichoptera (caddisflies), Coleoptera (beetles), Chironomidae (non-biting midges), Simuliidae (blackflies), and miscellaneous other Diptera families
- Mollusca: Gastropoda (snails) and Pelecypoda (clams). No services offered for Unionidae.